.Job Title: Youth Director
The Youth Director is a part-time position (10-12 hours per week) with the primary responsibility of developing and leading the weekly operation of the youth program to include both Sunday School and youth group events. The Youth Director provides opportunities for the youth to learn and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ and shall seek to foster a strong relationship between parents, students, and church leaders that strengthens the student’s commitment to the church and growth in his/her faith.
- The Youth Director is responsible for programming for students (6th – 12th graders) and also has an assisting role with the younger youth both as a leader and as an example. First UMC seeks a person who has a solid understanding of the foundation of the Christian faith and a strong desire to nurture youth.
- Must have attended a Safe Sanctuary training or do so after beginning the position.
- Must complete a background check.
- Willingness to use a friendly, enthusiastic, and flexible team approach while working with youth, parents, and staff members to help make the church a place of joy.
- Strong organizational, communication, teaching, administration, and computer skills.
- The Youth Director shall live out the highest ideals of the Christian faith and be willing and able to model that faith within the church and community.
Youth-Specific Tasks Programming:
- Plan and teach Sunday School each week.
- Conduct regular meetings for the youth group (weekly or biweekly depending on interest and involvement).
- Plan and execute service projects throughout community and adjoining communities for youth to engage in and grow.
- Plan youth calendar of events monthly and communicate schedule with relevant stakeholders including youth, youth parents, and Pastor and/or Church leadership.
- Work with Youth Council to assess the needs for the program on regular basis.
- Plan special events such as retreats, missions, rallies, and recreation.
- Encourage involvement for youth within innovative programming throughout the Church including supporting Children’s Ministry (Vacation Bible School, Trunk or Treat, Easter Egg Hunt, Christmas Program, etc.), Worship Service (Youth Takeover Sunday), Consignment sale, and Confirmation.
- Responsible for program budget.
- Provide receipts and invoices to the Administrative Assistant promptly to ensure reconciliation and payment.
- Create and execute fundraisers to help supplement the budget for events, activities, and trips.
Interested candidates should contact Pastor Jeremy Pegram at email@example.com.